Wednesday, April 2, 2008

…My Time…Evaluating others…

My head went relieve after I had presented the micro teaching and I went to class without books stuck at my hands…wooo…so relax and full of pleasure.. It was the time for me to evaluate my other friends on their preparation and presentation of the teaching session. A vengeful spirit suddenly went into me..yah, I am kidding! It was fun to evaluate people because that was what people normally like to do. Love to evaluate and hate to be evaluated. The peer evaluation checklist forms were distributed and the criteria of evaluating and assessing were just the same. I just followed what the form required me to do and it was really based on the list, I assessed my friends. Some of them looked fully prepared and there were only minor obvious grammatical errors but, there were also quite a number of them made a whole lot mistakes, for example, missing the SVA and the use of tenses. I realised that I was not really good in English because it is not my first language but, somehow TESL students should not have a difficulty in pronouncing any English words with a Malay or any dialect accent. We were not requested to speak in British accent but they should try to sound more English. There were certain of them whom voices cannot be heard and they spoke in an unclear manner. Honestly, some of them made me sleepy and their voces were like a lullaby for me. On top of that, the evaluating process was good and I also did learn some other friends’ better presentations and performances. I took down many things which Miss Baiti told us effective and also the Do’s and Don’t’s in teaching.

No comments: