Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On Being Evaluated…

It was the week of Micro Teaching, we got ourselves very fully prepared for it. The micro teaching required us to start the lesson of any plays from the beginning of Set Induction until the While- Reading stage. The plays to work on is either Oedipus Rex by Sophocles or Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare. We are told by Miss Siti Nur Baiti that we can do the teaching in pair and that makes me and my friend, Izzatie decide to put our heads together to come out with a set of micro teaching on Oedipus Rex. The first hour of class, we are called to be the third pairs to do our teaching. For the set induction, we previewed a video of people who are curious and turned out to be fooled around and pranked by two guys. We related the video to our teaching; the theme of curiosity in Oedipus Rex. The extract quoted was very much suit the theme and the exercises also related to the theme. Everything went evenly. We handed a form of evalution beforehand and during the process of teaching, our friends evaluated our teaching and also our appearance as a teacher including the teachers’ language and preparation for the activities. After we finished, we were handed back the forms and it turned out that most of the evaluators gave me A grade besides several comments on my good voice projection and the use of simple and straight instructions. Besides that, they wrote that, I appeared calm yet funny during teaching---maybe because Dr.Edwin (hehehe..my anxiety) was not there…oopss..Over and above, the process was quite good and I was satisfied with my performance. Being evaluated somehow was scary but it did give me encouragements and suggestions to improve myself.

1 comment:

lim whei ching said...

I understand the nervousness of being evaluated even though it is your friends that do the evaluation. You will want to do the best in order to get good comments. To make matter worst, I am not familiar in setting up the laptop stuff...hheh..All in all as long as we have done our best, we have nothing to regret.